All are welcome to join us for any of these ongoing activities in Mountain View:
• Devotional Meetings – Devotional gatherings are scheduled regularly to share a devotional spirit of joy, love and fellowship. Readings are taken from the Bahá’í writings and the scriptures of Christianity, Hinduism, Judaism, Islam, Zoroastrianism and Buddhism. Participants are encouraged to bring their prayer books or favorite passages from the scriptures to share. These gatherings often offer prayers for healing or assistance to those in need. Musical selections are diverse, coming from a variety of cultures and styles. There is no established ritual and no solicitation of funds. Light refreshments are often served.
• Study Circles – Study circles are regular gatherings of people interested in studying the Bahá’í Writings and applying them to their lives through spiritual transformation and service to humanity. Regular study circles led by a trained facilitator are offered in Mountain View. Here are some of the topics covered:
- Leading a virtuous life
- The importance of service
- Life and death
- The spiritual education of children
• Children’s Classes – The Bahá’í community places great emphasis on the moral and spiritual education of children and youth, with a focus on providing ongoing opportunities for developing a sense of world citizenship and a lifelong commitment to serve humanity. In these classes children are taught about topics such as the beauty of diversity, the importance of tolerance and the elimination of all prejudices, and cultivating virtues like patience, kindness, truthfulness, etc. They also get an opportunity to express their creative side through music, arts and crafts.
• Programs for Pre-Teens and Teens – Young people are encouraged to grow in moral responsibility, often by contributing to the well being of others. Youth work together to develop their own service projects under the guidance of trained mentors.
We also meet regularly to celebrate Bahá’í Feasts and Holy Days. We occasionally host other community events, like Mountain View’s Annual International Day of Peace.
Contact us for further details.