What do Bahá’ís believe?
- The purpose of life is to know and worship God, to acquire virtues, to promote the oneness of humankind and to carry forward an ever-advancing civilization.
- All major religions come from God.
- All of humanity is one family.
- Women and men are equal.
- All prejudice, whether it is racial, religious, national or economic, is destructive.
- Each of us must independently investigate truth for ourselves, without preconceptions.
- The realization of universal education is essential.
- Work performed in the spirit of service is a form of worship.
- World peace, upheld by a world government, is the crying need of our time.
- Religion must be in harmony with reason and the pursuit of scientific knowledge.
- Economic and environmental problems can be solved by the application of spiritual principles.
Read more at: www.bahai.org/beliefs